Chiho Environmental Group Limited (the “Company’) Shareholders Communication Policy
Chapter I Purpose
Article 1 The terms contained in this Policy are designed to ensure that the shareholders of Chiho Environmental Group Limited, including individual and institutional shareholders (collectively referred to as “the Shareholders”), and where appropriate the general investors are eligible to obtain a comprehensive, similar and plain information of the Company (including its financial performance, strategic goal and plan, major developments, governance and risk profile). This is to enable shareholders to exercise the powers on an informed basis and also to allow shareholders and the investors to strengthen communication with the Company.
Article 2 For the purpose of this policy, “The investors” include the Company’s prospective investors, as well as the analysts that report and analyze the performance of the Company.
Chapter II Overall policy
Article 3 The Board of Directors shall continue to maintain a dialogue with shareholders and investors, and will review this policy regularly in order to ensure its effectiveness.
Article 4 The Company is to convey information to the Shareholders and investors through the Company’s financial reports (interim and annual reports); annual General Meeting and other Meetings that may be held; and all the information submitted to The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (the “SEHK”) for disclosure, as well as corporate communications and other publications which shall be posted on the website of the Company.
Article 5 The Company undertakes to convey information to the shareholders and investors in a timely and effective manner at all times. If there are any questions about this policy, it shall be delivered to the Company secretary or the Head of Investor Relations Department.
Chapter III Communication Strategies
Article 8 Shareholders Enquiries
- 8.1 If the Shareholders have any questions about the shares in their names, they shall raise out the questions to the Company’s Registrar.
- 8.2 The shareholders and investors may at any time request for the Company’s information to the extent such information is publicly available.
- 8.3 Shareholders and investors shall be provided with the designated contact person, email address and enquiry channel of the company to facilitate them to put forward their query relating to the Company.
Article 9 Corporate Communications
- 9.1 The Company shall release communications to the shareholders in plain languages and in both English and Chinese versions to facilitate the shareholders’ understanding.
- 9.2 The shareholders shall provide the Company with (in particular) e-mail address in order to facilitate timely and effective communications.
- 9.3 Website of Chiho Environmental Group Limited (www.chihogroup.com) has included an “Investor Relationship” section for the publish of regularly updated corporate information.
- 9.4 Information released by the Company to the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited is also posted on the Company’s website immediately. Such information includes financial statements and results announcement, circulars, notices of the general meetings and associated explanatory documents etc.
- 9.5 All presentation materials in conjunction with the annual general meetings and results announcement of the Company shall be posted on the website of the Company as soon as possible after they are release.
- 9.6 All the press releases, Group publications, market consultations and response opinions published by the Company or its affiliated companies will be posted on the Company’s website.
- 9.7 The speeches and presentations of the Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer and senior management of the Group will be posted on the Company’s website .
Article 10 Shareholders’ Meetings
- 10.1 The shareholders shall participate in the General Meetings. If they can not attend the meeting, they shall appoint a proxy to attend and vote at the meetings.
- 10.2 Annual general meetings shall have appropriate arrangements to encourage the shareholders’ participation.
- 10.3 The Company will monitor and regularly review the procedures for the General Meetings. If necessary, changes will be made to ensure that shareholders’ needs are best served.
- 10.4 The Board members (in particular, the Chairman of Board committees or its representatives), appropriate senior management and the external auditors will attend the General Meetings to answer the shareholders’ questions.
- 10.5 The shareholders shall attend the shareholder activity held by the Company to understand the situation of the Company, including the latest strategic planning, products and services, etc.
Article 11 Capital Market Communications
- 11.1 The Company will regularly organize various activities, including briefings and separate meetings held for the investors / analysts, roadshows (both domestic and international), media interviews and market activities for investors, and will organize / participate in the internal specific forum of the industry to promote communication between the Company and its shareholders and investors.
- 11.2 The directors and employees of the Company must comply with relevant disclosure of obligations and requirements of the Company when conducting communications and dialogues with the investors, analysts, media or other related parties.
Chapter IV Shareholders’ Privacy
Article 12 The Company recognizes the importance to protect the privacy of the shareholders. Unless stipulated by the regulations, the Company shall not disclose the information to third party without the consent of the shareholders.
Chapter V Supplementary Provisions
Article 13 The Company’s employees must strictly abide by all the terms of this policy, and Investor Relations Department and the Human Resources Department of the Company shall have the right to take appropriate action against the employees of the Company that violate this policy, which resulted to the dissatisfaction of the shareholders.
Article 14 The Investor Relations Department of the Company shall have the right to amend and interpret this policy.
Article 15 This shareholders communication policy shall be issued and implemented after it is reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors of the Company.